I promise I won't be sending emails everyday, but thought of a few helpful reminders for back to school . . .
1. Red Folders - Red folders are students' school to home folders. Everyday they take them out of their backpacks at school, and everyday they are returned to their backpacks with work they did, important information, or notes from me. Please be sure that your child remembers to put their red folder in their backpack before school each morning. Also, please be sure to check their red folder each evening for any important items.
2. Bus Tags - Please have students wear their bus tags to and from school each day until further notice. We are still working on this whole getting to our destination after school thing (lots of systems in place!) so until it is 100% automatic for your child, the bus tag helps to ensure that they get to where they need to be.
3. Extra Clothing - We are kinders. Accidents happen. Spills happen. Sometimes we go down the slide after a rainy morning and are met with a puddle at the bottom. A spare set of clothing (everything from head to toe - shirt, pants, underwear, socks) helps us to be comfortable for the remainder of the day when these situations arise - and they will. Please send these items to school as soon as possible so that we can be prepared for any situation. Sometimes kindergarten is a little like the weather: unpredictable. :) (Clothing can either be kept in your child's backpack or on their hook at school.)
4. Birthday Treats - Birthdays and cupcakes. They go together like PB and Jelly, right? Whether it's cupcakes, cookies, fruit, or any other fun treat you come up with, we do have some guidelines for what is brought in to share with our Team. First and foremost, we are a nut aware school. Therefore and pre-packaged or made from home treats must be free of all nuts, traces of nuts, and not processed on machinery that also processes nuts. Also, if your child does have an allergy or food sensitivity (to nuts or other ingredients) and you would like me to set aside the birthday treat for him or her and send it home in a baggie, I would be happy to do so. Sometimes families like to decide at home about foods if they were not there to check all ingredients. If I do not hear from you, I will assume that your child may eat any treats brought to be shared at school. (Side note: birthday treats are NOT required, but I know some children love to bring them in.)
5. Classroom Wish List - There is by no means any requirment that families send in any other items to school other than the supply list for back to school. Thank you for your diligence in getting these items to school for the first day. If you would like to contribute to our classroom beyond those items, we do have a few things that it would help to have on hand. :)
*disinfecting table wipes
*box of plastic spoons for snacks
Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime! Thanks for reading!